Lurong Paleo Challenge WOD 7-Happy BDay Annie
Tuesday October 22, 2013 !!!Happy BDay Annie!!!
20 min Cap
3- Burpees 3- Front Squats (L3-95/65, L2-95/65, L1-45/30) 3- Push Press (L3-95/65, L2-95/65, L1-45/30) 100 Meter Farmer Carry (L3-53/35, L2-53/35, L1-35/25) 5- Burpees 5- Front Squats 5- Push Press 100 Meter Farmer Carry 7- Burpees 7- Front Squats 7- Push Press 100 Meter Farmer Carry 9- Burpees 9- Front Squats 9- Push Press 100 Meter Farmer Carry 11- Burpees 11- Front Squats 11- Push Press 100 Meter Farmer Carry 13- Burpees Muscle Ups (L3) or 13- Burpee Pull Ups (L2) or 13- Burpee Over Barbell (L1)
Skill/Strength: Atlas Stones Half Tabata
Warm Up: Band Mobility (Hip Floss/Shoulder Mobility) DROM As a Group 3 min AMRAP 1 Burpee 2 Squat Tuck Jumps 3 Push Ups 4 Mountain Climbers 5 Jumping Jacks
- At the bottom each athlete’s hips and chest must make contact with the ground. At the top, the athlete’s hands must touch above or behind their head and both feet must leave the ground simultaneously. All Burpees must be completely vertical and show full hip extension in order for it to be considered a rep.
- Front Squat
- This movement begins the barbell in the front rack position, how you get it there is irrelevant. No racks allowed. Before the athlete may start squatting he or she must start from a full upright standing position, full extension at the knees, legs and hips. At the bottom of the squat, the hip crease must pass below the knees. The athlete must return to full extension of the knees, legs and hips to complete each rep before continuing on.
- Push Press
- Each rep begins with the barbell on the shoulders and finishes with the weight fully locked out overhead and over the middle of the body. In the shoulder press as long as the elbow, hips and knees are fully extended at the top of the movement, and the bar finishes directly over the body with the feet in line at full extension then it is a good rep. If you fail to lockout or stand all the way up then it is a no rep. The use of a rack is not permitted.
- Farmer Carry
- In the farmers’ carry you must carry the appropriate weights for your division around the ten-meter markings, fully circling around each line and or cone, whole body must cross. Arms must be fully extended and locked out the entire time with the kettlebell and or dumbbell in each hand. The usage of gloves and or straps will not be permitted.
- Burpee Muscle Up
- The athlete must first perform a burpee before proceeding into a muscle up. In the burpee the athlete’s hips and chest must make contact with the ground. At the top, the athlete’s must stand all the way up, no clap or jump needed. He or she must just be completely vertical and show full hip extension at the top in order for it to be considered a rep. The athlete must then perform one muscle up before going back down into a burpee. In the muscle-up, you must begin with, or pass through, a hang below the rings with arms fully extended (with or without a ‘false grip’) and the feet off the ground. The elbows must be fully locked out while supporting yourself above the rings. Kipping the muscle-up is acceptable, but swings or rolls to support are not permitted. If the athlete fails the muscle up the athlete may then attempt it again without having to re-do the burpee.
- Burpee Pull Up
- In the burpee pull-up the athlete must first perform a burpee before proceeding into a pull-up. In the burpee the athlete’s hips and chest must make contact with the ground. At the top, the athlete’s must stand all the way up, no clap or jump needed. He or she must just be completely vertical and show full hip extension at the top in order for it to be considered a rep. This is a standard pull-up. Dead hang, or kipping pull-ups are allowed, as long as all the requirements are met. The arms must be fully extended at the bottom. At the top chin must clearly clear the pull-up bar breaking the horizontal plane. If the athlete fails the pull-up portion he or she may re-attempt until requirements are met before proceeding into the next rep. Bands will not be permitted.
- Burbee Over Barbell
- In the burpee over the barbell the athlete must first perform one burpee. Then jumping off of two feet over the barbell landing on two feet before proceeding into the next burpee. Each rep ends with jumping over the barbell. In the burpee the athlete’s hips and chest must make contact with the ground. At the top the athlete’s must stand all the way up, no clap is needed. He or she must just be completely vertical and show full hip extension at the top before jumping over in order for it to be considered a rep.
- Beetle L2/13:31
- Mercedes L1/14:26
- Melissa C L2/16:32 Jess J L1/14:22
- Jim J L2/17:00
- Wendy L1/16:54 Pat M L3/608 (3 MU's)
- Jenny N L2/16:22
- Grande L2/13:15
- Lisa L1/16:46
- Raegan L2/13:51
- John R MOD
- Vic L2/608 (3 MU's)
- Pat M L2/13:51 Victor L2/613 (8 Burpee Pull Ups)
- Erik L2/17:55 Thea L2/12:07 Dan L2/16:18
- Matt L2/19:28 Derrick L2/18:34 Katie L1/13:22
- Julie L1/12:12
- Vin L1/19:20
- 7:00 MattMc L3/608 (3MUs) Jason L2/17:02 Erin L1/494 Anthony L3/614 (9 MUs)
- 9:00 Dave L2/16:38 Jess D L2/15:10 Angie L1/16:51 Tricia L2/18:18 Eddie L2/15:08 Kels L2/17:37 Randy L2/18:35 Mac L2/17:33
- 10:00 Jason B L2/16:58 McGinnis L2/13:53 B-rad L2/16:04 James L1/16:28 Steve M L1(Mr. Burns)/12:15 Nutz L1/16:06 Tracy B L1/15:08 Dawn L1/15:51 Amy K L1/14:52 Candice L1/17:28 John Mc L2/13:54
Tammy L2/17:58 Jess L2/14:19 Amy L1/13:12 Ron L2/ 482 Annie L1/17:33 Jenni L2/14:01 Lynne L1/17:57 George L1/18:39 Felipe L2/16:58 Bernadette L1/12:21
6:00 Jamille L1 14:38 Julie L2 15:57 Maria L1 14:46 Carlos L2 17:18 Liz L1 14:12 Meghan L1 15:40 Jason L1 15:57 Lindsey L2 16:34
7:00 Joann L2 15:49 Nick L3 605 Christine L2 15:36 Debbie L2 19:59 PJ L1 18:28 Sue L1 15:50 Mel L2 18:22 Ed L2 17:55 Carolyn L2 19:51